Let me explain... So I was doing my normal evening routine of browsing pinterest last night for an hour, (let's be honest, it takes a while), and came across this link called "30 things my kids should know about me." This mother wrote a letter of 30 things she wanted her children to know about her in the future. I thought, wow I wish my mother had done that for me! How sweet! The first thing she wrote was 20 random facts about herself. So I started to write 20 random things about myself and realized that I wanted you guys to get to know a little bit more about me, so I'd thought I'd share what I wrote:
1. I have a very hard time writing in modern simple handwriting and feel it looks like that of a 12 year old's handwriting, so I write in cursive.
2. The smell of rain on neglected land reminds of summer storms in Colorado when I used to go visit my grandparents every summer as a kid.
3. I dislike the taste of salmon, but eat it anyway because it's supposed to be healthy or something.
4. If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Piran Slovenia because it's the most beautiful petite little town I've ever been to.
5. In seventh grade it was "cool" to eat worms, so I ate 3 to prove my cool factor.
6. The summer before freshman year I decided I wanted to graduate high school early, so my mom signed me up for a couple summer school classes. Turns out summer school is actually kind of scary, and I ended up graduating the same time as everyone else.
7. As much as I dislike waking up early, it's my favorite time of the day because it's so peaceful.
8. When I was younger my career dream was to become an oral surgeon and join a group called "Operation Smiles" which is an organization made up of a medical team that travels all over the world operating on children with cleft palettes. It's so wonderful! I guess being a dental assistant is close, eh?
9. I never buy small purses because by the end of the day somehow half of my belongings end up somewhere in my purse. How? I'm not sure.
10. Shopping is the last thing I want to do, unless I absolutely need something.
11. I'll only buy a car that is black, white, or red. Otherwise I feel my outfit would need to match the color of my car. It's a weird thing I have.
12. When I was a kid my step sister Nicole told me that the color yellow reminds her of toenails, and it's stuck with me ever since.
13. I love to cook and bake.
14. Snowboarding has always been one of those sports that I get butterfly's watching. I think it's such a cool sport! I've wanted to master it for so long, but the one time I tried I ended up crashing pretty bad. I guess you need to be balanced? So skiing is my winter sport.
15. Scary movies are my favorite, though anything to do with zombies freaks me out.
16. I was baptized a member of the church at 14, but became a true believer in Christ at 16.
17. Calla Lillie's and Orchids are my favorite flowers
18. Norah Jones music gives me the urge to go to a coffee shop, sip on hot chocolate while reading the morning paper. In Colorado my grandparents owned a coffee shop, and my grandma would play Norah Jones. Ah memories.
19. Big bulky sweaters are my absolute favorite thing to wear of all time mostly because then you can eat as much as you want, and no one will see the food baby underneath.
20. I love wearing hats because then you don't have to do your hair!
There you have it! Here's the link to that site I found this at:
It's really a sweet thing to do for your kids. I'm going to do it for our future family.